IN SCHOOL PROGRAMS
Bring your class to Annapolis Maritime Museum & Park for a day of discovery with one of our school programs. We offer hands-on, inquiry-based education programs that foster positive outdoor experiences and encourage critical thinking. Programs are designed to align with Maryland Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) and support Meaningful Watershed Educational Experiences (MWEEs). These programs can be customized and tailored to any group or can be combined for a full-day experience. Video of students at AMM
Can’t make it to AMM? In-class outreach programs are also available.
To schedule a program fill out the form below. For more information contact us via email or call us at 410-295-0104 ext. 27
Club Chesapeake Afterschool Program for Hillsmere Elementary School K-2nd grade students – Register HERE.
Thanks to our generous program partners and donors, AMM proudly offers several core programs that target underserved students in the City of Annapolis and are primarily grant-funded.
School Program Request Form
Can’t come to us? Let us come to you! Educators will work with your team to develop a custom program dependent on age, number of classes, and class length. Programs cost $200 for the first class and $150 per additional class in the same day. A travel fee for schools more than 25 miles from AMM may apply.
Activities recommended for in-class visits include but are not limited to:
- Oyster Reef Animals- Students learn to identify animals that live on an oyster reef through hands-on investigation.
- Oyster Dissection- Students dissect an oyster to learn about oyster anatomy and function
- Build a Buoy- Students plan, build, and test buoys made of PVC pipes.
- Horseshoe Crab Station- Students learn about horseshoe crab anatomy and natural history and meet a live horseshoe crab (dependent on animal availability).
- Erosion experiment- Students learn how oyster reefs (or plants) prevent erosion through a hands-on experiment.
- Oyster Canning- Students examine oyster cans to determine what components are useful to marketing, then design and seal their own can. A $1 / student materials fee applies.