Communications and Marketing Coordinator
Regular Full-time (40 hours per week- occasional evenings and weekends)
Supervisor/Reports to: President/CEO
Location: 723 Second Street, Annapolis, MD 21403
Starting Salary: $45,000 – $50,000 (commensurate with experience)
ABOUT THE MUSEUM
The Annapolis Maritime Museum & Park (AMM) is a major community asset serving Anne Arundel County and beyond. AMM educates youth and adults about the Annapolis area’s rich maritime heritage and the ecology of the Chesapeake Bay through programs, exhibits, and community events. We accomplish this mission through an engaging suite of hands-on programming and by bringing visitors to our two campuses on Back Creek and aboard the Museum’s historic skipjack, Wilma Lee.
The Education Center at the Museum’s Park Campus offers four core education programs, as well as field trips, community programs, afterschool programs, summer camps, and more. The Education Center serves approximately 12,000 students annually educating them on the history, ecology, and cultural traditions of the Chesapeake Bay.
The Annapolis Maritime Museum & Park (AMM) seeks a Communications and Marketing Coordinator who will execute the overall marketing and communications goals of the Annapolis Maritime Museum. This position will play a key role in communicating AMM’s impact to a wide variety of audiences utilizing earned and paid media. This position will oversee the implementation of the marketing strategies and tactics of multiple Museum initiatives including visitation, education programs, skipjack tours, venue rentals, special events and elevation of the overall brand awareness of AMM.
- Exceptional writing and communication skills, proficiency in social media, and digital and print campaigns
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Strong data analytic skills.
- Proficient with MS Office products (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and Adobe Creative Suite including Adobe Spark or Canva.
- Proficient in using web content management, analytics, and dashboard tools (e.g., WordPress, Google Analytics).
- Works directly with the agencies and/or designers on creative and graphics to facilitate ongoing digital marketing, creative, and web support activities such as social media management, email marketing, creative print assets, and advertising.
- Executes a results-driven, multi-platform communications and marketing plan in line with AMM’s overall strategic plan.
- Creates and manages content for all communications channels and marketing materials in line with brand direction.
- Monitors industry issues and competitive landscape to adjust positioning and messaging as required.
- Keep website content fresh, accurate, and relevant.
- Generate content for AMM’s social media sites (with a focus on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter).
- Develop and oversee AMM’s email newsletters.
- Identifies opportunities for diverse audiences and traffic growth across all social platforms and manages our content calendar.
- Coordinates execution of project plans and deadlines to achieve all marketing objectives on time and within established budgets.
- Provides quality control on final products/materials and messaging.
- Writes, edits, and develops media releases and other written communications.
The Annapolis Maritime Museum and Park provides equal opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, or disability in accordance with applicable Federal, State, and local laws.
View the full job description at 2023 Communications and Marketing Coordinator
To apply for the position of Communications and Marketing Coordinator, please send a cover letter and resume to Sarah Higgins, Operations Coordinator, at email@example.com.
Visit our website at www.amaritime.org.