- Explore the prospects of the 2021 America’s Cup set for March and the 2021 Olympic Games postponed by the pandemic.
- Sail ahead to the 2024 and 2028 Olympic Games to get a glimpse of what those games have in store.
- Hear stories of inspiration through overcoming adversity, life lessons, and the joy of sailing.
Presenter: Gary Jobson | World-renowned Sailor, Author, Columnist, and Commentator
What you might know about Gary Jobson:
- Past Vice President of World Sailing – international governing body of sailing
- Twice named College Sailor of the Year
- Winning America’s Cup tactician
- Past President of US Sailing
- Author of 20 sailing books
- Has won many of the world’s ocean races
- Television commentator and producer of 1200 films and shows (2 Emmys, 1 ACE, 4 Tellys)
- Inducted into the America’s Cup Hall of Fame – 2003
- Inducted into the National Sailing Hall of Fame – 2011
- Columnist for Sailing World, Cruising World and What’s Up Annapolis magazines
What you probably don’t know:
- Has led sailing expeditions to Antarctica, the Arctic, Cape Horn and most recently Sable Island (known as the Graveyard of the Atlantic)
- Is an Honorary Member of 42 Yacht Clubs in America
- Owns one of the most complete historical libraries of the America’s Cup, and has an extensive collection of original marine art.
- Chairman of the Board of a 635 bed hospital system in Maryland – Luminis Health
- Chairman of the Chesapeake Bay Trust
- Chairman – Visit Annapolis & Anne Arundel County
- Has a wife of 46 years, Janice Jobson, three daughters and five grandchildren.
- Reads the New York Times every day
- Has given 2800 lectures.
- Awarded a Doctor of Letters – Sate University of New York (2005)
- Has competed in 5700 races since 1956
- Skiing and fly fishing are his hobbies along with daysailing
Lectures will be held virtually. Lectures are $10; FREE for AMM Members First Mate and above ($100).